The purpose of the Army Nurse Corps Association Scholarship Program is to award scholarships to U.S. citizen students attending accredited baccalaureate or graduate nursing or anesthesia nursing programs.
In 2014, the scholarships will be awarded in memory of U.S. Army First Lieutenant Jennifer Moreno, Army Nurse Corps. On 6 October 2013, 1LT Moreno was killed in action while deployed with a U.S. Army Special Operations Cultural Support Team in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan. 1LT Moreno is a native of San Diego, California and received her bachelor of science degree from the University of San Francisco. 1LT Moreno completed the Army Airborne Course in 2009 and the Army Medical Department Basic Course in 2010 before serving as a medical surgical nurse at Madigan Army Medical Center. ANCA salutes Lieutenant Moreno for her patriotic service and sacrifice for her country.
For more details, please download our informational flyer. Complete guidelines and application form are in the Documents section below.
- Students currently enrolled in an accredited baccalaureate or advanced degree nursing or nurse anesthesia program who:
- Are serving or have previously served in any branch, and at any rank, of a component of the US Army (Active Army, Army National Guard and Army Reserve);
- Are not currently receiving funding by a component of the US Army, (e.g., scholarship ROTC students and students receiving full GI Bill benefits are not eligible); and,
- As applicable, have received an Honorable Discharge.
- Nursing or anesthesia students whose parent(s) or spouse is serving or has served in a component of the US Army.
The 2014 ANCA scholarships will be $3,000 per selected applicant. All applications must be submitted on the 2014 form by 15 April 2014 and will be reviewed by the ANCA Education Committee. Selected students will be notified within a few weeks thereafter. Scholarship funds are sent to the school to be managed for the student and not sent directly to the student.
The Army Nurse Corps Association does not have an official relationship with the US Army, the Army Nurse Corps or the Reserve Officer Training Corps. Accordingly there is no military service obligation for the student receiving this scholarship. You may contact us via our Contact Us page (Department Routing: Scholarships) or write to
ANCA Scholarship Program
PO Box 458
Lisbon, MD 21765-0458.
^ Back to Top ^
- The Informational Flyer below provides general information and is also suitable for posting on bulletin boards, etc.
- The Word application form is preferred. It can be completed digitally using Microsoft Word (or equivalent word processing software) and submitted as an email attachment or printed and sent by mail.
- If the Word Form cannot be used, the PDF version can be printed and completed by hand, then either scanned and submitted as an email attachment or sent by postal mail.